Below you will find some frequently asked questions.
For more information please contact us any time.
- Q: What are the check-in hours?
- A: You can check-in between 3:00 pm and 9:00 pm.
According to your expected arriving time the front staff prepares for your check-in, so if possible, we invite you to let us know.
In case due to an emaergency or traffic problems you expect to arrive later than 9 pm please contact us as soon as possible.
- Q: What is the check-out time? Is it possible to postpone it?
- A: The check-out is until 10:00. It is possible to postpone it until 11:00 at the latest. (We reserve the right to refuse extention due to the seasonality)
The extention fee is ¥1500/hour.
- Q: Is parking available?
- A: We don’t have a private parking lot. Guests who don’t reserve for the parking lot may have to use the coin parkings in the nearby.
* On Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays, parking lots in the nearbies are expected to be very crowded. * No affiliate discount is provided.
- Q: Is it possible to use credit cards?
- A: Yes, it is. You can use VISA, Mastercard, JCB, American Express, Diners Club and Union Pay cards, Alipay and Paypay.
The payment will be made in one go.
- Q: Is there any alcoholic drinks to buy in the hotel?
- A: We are afraid we don’t sell alcoholic drinks. Please buy them in a mini market(within 5 min. on foot).
- Q: What is the “Keyless no check-out” system?
- A: In order for our guests to enjoy an experience similar to that of living in a traditional Kyoto house, we decided to install the PIN access system, which allows you to enter and exit the building at any time and does not need any check-out procedure.
Furthermore, this system excludes access to non-PIN holders.
* We advise you to write down your PIN code on your phone so that you have it always with you.
- Q: Are there any places to visit nearby?
- A: Three of the many World Heritage Sites in Kyoto, Kyomizudera, Sanjusangendo and Nishihonganji are at a waiking distance from the hotel.
- Q: How can I make a reservation?
- A: You can make a reservation online or by phone. Reservation from this website will provide a discount. Don’t hexitate to contact us to ask the avilability.
Info and reservations:(+81)75-365-5060
Inquiry form list of plans
- Q: Can children stay overnight?
- A: We are very sorry, but accommodation is not allowed for children under 13 years old.
- Q: What is the fee for children?
- A: Children over 13 years old are allowed, but the fee is equivalent to that of an adult.
- Q: Is the service available in foreign languages?
- A: The service in English is always available. Furthermore, our reception staff can also speak Spanish, French, Italian, Finnish and Chinese.
- Q: Are animals allowed?
- A: We’re sorry but pets are not allowed in the building.
- Q: Is accommodation possible for one single person?
- A: Yes, it is. Please note that the unit price corresponds to a room and not to a person, so the cost of a room for two will be equivalent to that for a single person.
- Q: Is it possible to stay trhee people in one room?
- A: The room type “Higashiyama” is designed for three people, but the other room types are limited to two people per room.
In case you want to stay more than tree people, please reserve more than one room.
Please note that people not registered for accomodation during the check-in will not be allowed to stay overnight.
- Q: Is a discounted rate available for consecutive overnight stays?
- A: The fare suffers slight discounts from the second night according to the season.
- Q: Is there a penality fee for cancellation?
- A: Usually the penality fee starts from 7 days before the date of the stay. According to the seasonality immediate cancellation may also require a penality fee.
- In case of non stay
- the cost will be 100% of the accommodation fee.
- In case of cancellation on the day of accommodation
- the cost will be 100% of the accommodation price.
- In case of cancellation on the day before the day of accommodation
- the cost will be 50% of the accommodation price.
- In case of cancellation within the period of time between 1week and 2 days before the date of accommodation
- the cost will be 20% of the accommodation price.
- Q: I would like to cancel my reservation due to a typhoon on the date of my stay. Does the cancellation require penalities?
- A: Even in case of extraordinary weather conditions (typhoons, heavy snowfalls) cancellation costs will be applied unless it is impossible to reach the hotel by transport block. In this case, please contact us as soon as possible.
- Q: Is there a smoking room in the building?
- A: We’re sorry but smoking is forbidden in all rooms. However, we have a smoking area outside, just next to the entrance.
- Q: Is wi-fi available?
- A: Yes, it is available free of charge throughout all the hotel.
- Q: Is there a refrigerator in the room?
- A: All of our rooms have a fridge. You can use it freely during your stay. In addition, inside you will find two bottles of water prepared for you.
* Consider that food leftovers will be thrown away after the check-out.
- Q: In the rooms are there beds or futons?
- A: In all rooms there are high quality Simmons beds.
- Q: Is the room cleaned every day during stays longer than one night?
- A: Even in case of consecutive stays the rooms are cleaned every day.
- Q: What kind of goods can be borrowed?
- A: Pillow (normal and low size), Blanket, anallergic quilt, iron set, shoes dryer, shoes polisher set, sewing set, DVD player, DVD(movie), power transformer, adaptor, extension cord, eye mask, nail clipper, ice pillow, wheelchair, playing cards, UNO, umbrellas etc.
Feel free to ask the reception staff. (The quantity is limited)
- Q: Are meals available in the hotel?
- A: If you decide to have breakfast we can provide our special morning menu for an additional fee. Also, you may choose to have traditional japanese kappo style breakfast, if you prefer.
For restaurant recommendations feel free to ask the reception staff.
- Q: May I use catering?
- A: Yes, please order yourself.
- Q: Do you provide room service?
- A: We are sorry, we don’t provide this service.
- Q: Is it possible to leave the luggage at the hote;?
- A: We offer the possibility to keep your luggage in custody before check-in and after check-out for a predefined period of time.
- Q: Is it possible to leave valuables at the reception?
- A: It is not possible to leave valuables at the reception, but you can use the safe in your room.
- Q: Is it possible to send the luggage to the hotel in advance?
- A: Yes it is. The destination address is as follows:
196-3, Juzenji-cho, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto-shi, Kyoto-Fu, 600-8137 Japan (Please report your name and check-in date)
Machiya Hotel Kyoto Takasegawa Bettei Front staff TEL:(+81)75-365-5060
- Q: Is it possible to send the luggage from the hotel after the check-out?
- A: You can send your luggage through the Kuroneko Yamato Takkyubin service from the reception.
You can also send your baggage to the next hotel or to Kyoto Central Station via carry-service.
To take advantage of this service, please bring your luggage to the reception before 10:00 a.m.
JR Kyoto Station Carry-service
- Q: Do you have a laundry service?
- A: Yes, a laundry service is availble. Additionally, there is a coin laundry neaby(3min. on foot).
- Q: In the unfortunate event of damaging the building or the hotel’s furniture, should the guest reimburse the hotel?
- A: Please note that regardless of the causes, the responsibility for any damage will fall on the guest of the room in question. Please kindly inform the reception staff at the time of check-out.