Below you will find some frequently asked questions.
For more information please contact us any time.
- Q: What is the check-in time?
- A: You can check in between 3:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m.
If possible, please let us know your estimated time of arrival. Our front staff will get ready to welcome you.
Please contact us as soon as possible if you expect to arrive later than 9 p.m.
- Q: What is the checkout time? Is it possible to postpone it?
- A: Checkout time is until 10:00 a.m. It is possible to postpone it until 11:00 a.m. at the latest (we reserve the right to refuse any extension due to the seasonality).
The extension fee is ¥1500/hour.
- Q: Is parking available?
- A: Yes. Reservation is needed to use our parking lot (3 cars, NO parking fee).
If our parking lot is not vacant, please use one of the many coin-parking near the hotel.
We will refund your coin-parking fee up to ¥1,500 per night if you show us the receipt.
(We cannot refund your coin-parking fee if our parking lot is vacant).
(We cannot refund your coin-parking fee if you park your car in other sightseeing facilities).
Please let us know in advance if you will visit our hotel by car.
- Q: Is it possible to use credit cards?
- A: Yes. You can use VISA, Mastercard, JCB, American Express, Diners Club and Union Pay cards. In addition, Alipay, Wechat Pay, PayPay and LINE Pay are also accepted. The payment will be made in one transaction.
*As Kyoto City Accommodation Tax is not included in the room fee during the booking process, you will need to pay the additional city tax at the reception upon your arrival
(Accommodation Tax Fee in Kyoto: ¥200 to ¥1,000 per person per night).
- Q: Is it possible to buy alcoholic drinks inside the hotel?
- A: We apologize for the inconvenience but we do not sell alcohol. For your information, there is a minimarket 5 minutes on foot from the hotel.
- Q: What is the “Keyless, no checkout” system?
- A: In order for our guests to enjoy an experience similar to that of living in a traditional Kyoto house, we decided to install a PIN access system, which allows
guests to enter and exit the building at any time and does not need any checkout procedure.
Furthermore, this system excludes access to non-PIN holders.
* We advise you to save your PIN code on your phone to be sure to always have it with you.
- Q: Are there any places to visit nearby?
- A: Three of the many World Heritage Sites in Kyoto (Kiyomizudera, Sanjusangendo and Nishihonganji) are at walking distance from the hotel.
- Q: How can I make a reservation?
- A: You can make a reservation online or by phone. Reservation from this website will provide a discount. Don’t hesitate to contact us to ask for the availability.
Info and reservations:(+81)75-365-5060
Inquiry form list of plans
- Q: Can children stay overnight?
- A: We deeply apologize but accommodation is not provided for children under 13 years old.
- Q: What is the fee for children?
- A: Accommodation fee for children aged 13 and above is equivalent to the adult’s accommodation fee.
- Q: Is the service available in foreign languages?
- A: The service in English is always available. Furthermore, our reception staff can also speak Spanish, Italian and Chinese.
- Q: Are animals allowed?
- A: We apologize for the inconvenience but pets are not allowed in the building.
- Q: Is accommodation possible for one single person?
- A: Yes, it is. Please note that the unit price corresponds to a room and not to a person, so the cost of a room for two will be equivalent to that for a single person.
- Q: Is it possible for three people to stay in one room?
- A: Only the room type “Higashiyama” is designed for three people, while the other room types are limited to two people per room.
In case of groups with more than three members, please reserve more than one room.
Please note that people not registered for accommodation during the check-in will not be allowed to stay overnight.
- Q: Are discounts available for consecutive overnight stays?
- A: Accommodation fee is subject to slight discounts from the second night according to the season.
- Q: Is there a penalty fee for cancellation?
- A: Usually the penalty fee starts from the date of the stay. According to the seasonality, immediate cancellation may also require a penalty fee.
- In case of non stay
- the cost will be 100% of the accommodation fee.
- In case of cancellation on the day of accommodation
- the cost will be 100% of the accommodation price.
- Q: I would like to cancel my reservation due to a typhoon on the date of my stay. Is the cancellation subject to penalties?
- A: Even in case of extraordinary weather conditions (typhoons, heavy snowfalls) cancellation costs will be applied unless it is impossible to reach the hotel by public means of transportation. In this case, please contact us as soon as possible.
- Q: Is there a smoking room in the building?
- A: We apologize but smoking is forbidden in all rooms. However, we have a smoking area outside, just next to the entrance.
- Q: Is Wi-Fi available?
- A: Yes, it is available and free of charge throughout the hotel.
- Q: Is there a refrigerator in the room?
- A: All our rooms have one refrigerator that can be used freely during the stay. For your information, two bottles of water have been prepared and placed inside it for you to use.
* Please keep in mind that any food leftovers will be thrown away after the checkout.
- Q: The rooms are provided with beds or futon?
- A: In all rooms there are high quality Simmons beds.
- Q: Are rooms cleaned every day during stays longer than one night?
- A: Even in case of consecutive stays the rooms are cleaned every day.
- Q: What kind of goods can be borrowed?
- A: The following items are available: pillow (normal and low size), blanket, hypoallergenic quilt, iron set, shoes dryer, shoes polisher set, sewing set, DVD player, DVD (movies), power transformer, adaptor, extension cord, eye mask, nail clipper, ice pillow, wheelchair, playing cards, UNO, umbrellas etc.
Feel free to ask the reception staff (the quantity is limited).
- Q: Are meals available in the hotel?
- A: If you decide to have breakfast, we can provide our special Western morning menu for an additional fee. Or, if you prefer, you may also choose to have the traditional Japanese style breakfast instead.
Please feel free to ask the reception staff for any restaurant recommendations.
- Q: May I use catering?
- A: Yes, but please order by yourself.
- Q: Do you provide room service?
- A: We apologize but we do not provide this service.
- Q: Is it possible to leave the luggage at the hotel?
- A: We offer the possibility to keep in custody the guests’ luggage before the check-in and after the checkout, for a predefined period of time.
- Q: Is it possible to leave valuables at the reception?
- A: It is not possible to leave valuables at the reception but guests can use the safety deposit box inside the room.
- Q: Is it possible to send the luggage to the hotel in advance?
- A: Yes, it is. The destination address is the following:
196-3, Juzenji-cho, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto-shi, Kyoto-Fu, 600-8137 Japan (please also report your name and check-in date).
Machiya Hotel Kyoto Takasegawa Bettei Front staff TEL:(+81)75-365-5060
- Q: Is it possible to send the luggage from the hotel after the checkout?
- A: Yes, luggage can be sent through Kuroneko Yamato Takkyubin service from the reception.
It is also possible to send them to the next hotel or to Kyoto Central Station via carry-service.
To use this service, please bring the luggage to the reception before 10:00 a.m.
Crosta Kyoto (JR Kyoto Station Carry-Service)
TEL:075-352-5437 Crosta Kyoto
- Q: Do you have a laundry service?
- A: Yes, laundry service is available. For more details regarding specific items and prices, please ask the reception staff. Additionally, there is a coin laundry nearby (3 minutes on foot).
- Q: In the unfortunate event of damaging the building or the hotel’s furniture, should the guest reimburse the hotel?
- A: Please note that regardless of the causes, the responsibility for any damage will fall on the guest of the room in question. Please kindly inform the reception staff at the time of checkout.